Come take a sneak peak at the new Life Support system, the latest from Thunder Aerospace Corporation. Many Kerbal lives were bravely sacrificed to bring you the latest in biological needs. *** Warning: this is still a pre-release version. Caution is advised. ***
*** Warning: if upgrading from version 0.2 or before, version 0.3 broke compatibility with previous versions. ***
* Kerbals require resources to survive, whether in a vessel or on EVA: Food, Water, Oxygen, Electricity (for air quality and climate control)
* They produce waste resources: CarbonDioxide, Waste, WasteWater
* They will die if they go without resources for too long: 30 Kerbin days without food, 3 Kerbin days without water, 2 hours without Oxygen, and 2 hours without Electricity
* Crewed pods come stocked with 1 day (24 hours) worth of resources.
* When a Kerbal goes on EVA, he takes a half day (12 hours) of each resource with him in the EVA suit, taking from the pod that he was in.
* Kerbals do require resources even when their vessel is not active, and they can die if you leave them alone for too long.
* The system tries to warn when resources are low and again when resources run out. No guarantees. It no longer limits Time Warp.
* Now includes recycling parts for converting CarbonDioxide back into Oxygen, WasteWater back into Water, filtering Oxygen out of IntakeAir, and splitting Water into Oxygen and Waste (hydrogren).
* Now allows you to enable/disable the mod on a saved-game basis. No more uninstalling/reinstalling when switching between saved games.
* Has a Build Aid usable in the VAB/SPH that shows how long the food/water/oxygen on the vessel will last with the currently assigned crew.
* Includes Hex Can containers from Greys for Food, Water, and Oxygen.
* Also includes some inline containers made by me for Food, Water, and Oxygen. Yes, I know they are ugly, I am learning.
* regex made some replacement textures for my parts.
* Also see Talisar’s “Spherical and Toridal Tank Pack”.
* There are bugs that still need to be worked out.
* I am dynamically adding my PartModule and resources to parts that can hold crew that do not already have them.
* The resource amounts sometimes do not show up in the VAB/SPH. They will show once you move to the launchpad or runway.
* There is no warning that a vessel far away is running out of resources. You might switch back to a vessel to find the entire crew dead.
* Filling up with waste resources (carbon dioxide, waste, waste water) has no effect. Any excess is dumped overboard, and you lose the opportunity to convert them back into good resources.
* Kerbals will not start requiring resources until the first time that you focus the vessel, or get close enough that it loads — within the 2.3 km load distance.
* There are no restrictions on making parts that contain the resources or the recycling modules used by this mod. Let me know if you make some or if you adapt other parts, and I will add a link above.
Make sure you backup your save before installing this mod. This is a prerelease version. I take no responsibility for anything that can or will go wrong. This mod intentionally kills Kerbals. Be aware.
Forum Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40667
Source code available on GitHub: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport
Works with the Toolbar mod from blizzy78. Not required, but if you have it, the icon will be added to the toolbar instead of being by itself.
- See the release announcement
- See Prerelease v0.7 announcement
- See Prerelease v0.6 announcement
- See Prerelease v0.5 announcement
- See Prerelease v0.4 announcement
- See Prerelease v0.3 announcement
- Updated to work with 0.21.1
- Added resource containers, both HexCans and some parts that I created.
- Resource requirements work in vessels and on EVA